Pay Your Account
Ways to pay your Factoring Bill
Online – by debit or credit card
The easiest way to pay your factoring bill is online by debit or credit card. This only takes a few minutes and can be done here. Please ensure you include your account reference number under ‘Information Required’.
Phone – by debit or credit card
We’ve recently introduced a new automated phone payment service, which allows you to make payments by phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you would like to start using this service, please contact us so that we can issue you with your 19 digit AllPay Payment Reference Number.
You’ll then be able to make payments by calling AllPay on 0330 041 6497 and entering your Payment Reference Number followed by the amount you’d like to pay and your debit or credit card details.
You can set up regular payments by Direct Debit to cover this and future bills. Please call us on 0800 093 8823 to arrange this, ensuring you have your bank sort code and account numbers to hand.
Standing Order or Bank Transfer
You can make payments to our bank account by standing order or bank transfer. Please ensure you use your account reference number as the reference for these payments. Payments should be made to;
Sort Code: 83-06-08
At a Bank
Payments can be made at any branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland, using the Giroslip at the bottom of your invoice. Other banks are likely to charge a fee.
Please be aware that there is likely to be a delay in payments by cheque being processed at the moment whilst staff are working from home. Where possible, we would ask you to use one of the alternative payment methods.
If you do pay be cheque, please ensure that you either enclose the Giroslip from the bottom of the invoice or write your account reference number and address on the back of the cheque.
What are our payment services?
1. We offer the following payment services:
– By debit and credit card through PayPal online or over the phone
– Online at www.manorestates.org.uk and manorestatespayment.org.uk
– Free of charge at any Royal Bank of Scotland branch using the payment slip at the bottom of your account.
– By cheque posted to our office, 11, Washington Lane, Edinburgh, EH11 2HA. Please put your customer reference number and address on the back.
– By Standing Order
– By direct debit – Please contact us to discuss this.
3. Manor Estates provides services to its factored owners through its contractors. As a charity it makes no profit on these services but it is obliged to recover the full cost. You will not be charged for a service until the work is completed. If the service will cost over £50 we will contact you to advise you of the costs. If the service will cost over £250 you can request a meeting to discuss the proposed works.
4. If you have paid your account and a subsequent complaint about the cost or quality of the service results in the cost being reduced, you will receive an immediate refund on conclusion of the complaint procedure. You can find a copy of the complaints booklet here.
5. The price of services varies depending on your location and type of property. Please refer to the latest prices you have been sent. If you need a new list please contact the office.
How Can I Set Up A Direct Debit?
By Telephone 0800 093 8823 or 0131 337 3222 or request a form here
What are alternatives to online payment of rent?
Bank Standing Order
You can arrange to have your payment made directly from your bank account to the Association. This means that you don’t have to worry about remembering to make the payment each week or each month, the money is taken automatically from your account and transferred to us.
If you want to start paying by Bank Standing Order, please contact your Housing Officer and ask for a form.
If you pay by Bank Standing Order, you do have to remember to advise your bank to increase the payment when the annual rent increase is applied in April.
You can sign up now to pay Direct Debit from your bank account – this is a secure payment method, and means that you don’t have to worry about making any changes required to your payments in the future. We can deal with that for you, but of course you will always be notified of any changes before they are applied.
If you want to pay by Direct Debit, please contact the office or fill out the Direct Debit Form here and post in to the office.
If you are on a limited income, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit and should submit an an application to City of Edinburgh Council. Your Housing Officer can give you advice about this and can also help you to submit a claim.
You can use your Payment Card to make payments at any Post Office. You can also use the same card to pay at any outlet using Payzone – this includes many supermarkets, local shops and garages, whichever is most convenient for you. (The fact that many of these outlets are open late at night, and at weekends, should make it easier for you to pay at a time that suits you).
Payments you make using the Payment Card are credited to your rent account within one working day of you making the payment.
The Association’s office is not a cash office, therefore we would discourage you from calling at the office to make payments – however, we will accept payments in the office in exceptional circumstances.
What happens if I encounter difficulties in paying rent?
If you are experiencing any difficulties paying your rent, either because you find it hard to use any of the payment methods outlined here, or because you are experiencing financial difficulties, please contact your Housing Officer immediately.
The Association has a Policy that outlines how it deals with non-payment of rent. You can access the Policy by clicking here.
Our aim is to assist tenants who are experiencing difficulties paying their rent – however we will take firm action (including legal action) against any tenants who do not make and keep arrangements to pay their arrears.
We would also encourage you to contact other agencies for independent advice, particularly if we are taking legal action against you. Click here.
PLEASE ENTER THE AMOUNT YOU ARE PAYING HERE:
Please note that, to increase the security of your transactions with us, we have recently deployed 3D Secure, into our payments process. Your bank will now validate every transaction to keep you safe. As a result there may be a small delay between clicking Pay Now and the payment being made. Please be patient and do not press anything else during this period.
Contact Us About Payments
Use this form for queries specifically about payments